Luck of the Draw Scholarship
1) The applicant or parent/guardian must be a member who is currently receiving electric service from MYEC.
2) The applicant must be a student who is enrolled or planning to enroll in a full-time undergraduate course of study at an accredited two- or four-year college/university or vocational technical school for the upcoming fall term.
** MYEC members may win a total of 2 MYEC scholarships. For example, if you are awarded a scholarship from MYEC and one from the Luck of the Draw you will no longer be eligible for other scholarships through MYEC. However, if you are awarded the Basin Electric Power Cooperative scholarship, you are still eligible for two more scholarships through MYEC. **
For a chance to win a $1,000 scholarship
1) Fill out the Luck of the Draw application.
2) Think about an item that uses electricity, other than your wireless devices, that you would not want to be without. Take a picture with the item you have chosen - Be Creative!
3) Submit this application along with the digital picture to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday June 12, 2020.
The scholarship winners (2) will be drawn June 17, 2020 via Facebook. Follow MYEC’s Facebook page for more information.
MECA Memorial Scholarship
Each year MECA (Montana Electric Cooperatives' Association) awards a $500 college scholarships to a cooperative member in the Southeast District of Montana. MYEC also awards two scholarships based on the MECA Memorial Scholarship: one of the scholarships is for $1,000 and the other for $500. Winners are selected by a committee comprised of co-op staff members from across the state of Montana.
Get the MECA Memorial Scholarship application here:
- Montana Electric Cooperatives' Association Memorial Scholarship
Montana Electric Cooperatives' Association scholarships are due January 13, 2020.
Basin Electric Power Cooperative Scholarship
The Basin Electric Power Cooperative (BEPC) Scholarship program will award one $1,000 scholarship to a MYEC member consumer. The scholarship must be used for educational costs, and the student must enter college in the fall of the school year for which the scholarship is given. Check will be made payable to the school and distributed in August.
Get the Basin Electric Power Cooperative Scholarship application here:
Basin Electric Power Cooperative scholarships are due January 13, 2020.
Who can apply?
MYEC (Mid-Yellowstone Electric Cooperative) members/member dependents may apply for the following scholarships if you are enrolled or planning to enroll in a full-time graduate or undergraduate course of study at an accredited, two-year or four-year college, university or vocational/technical school in the upcoming fall term.
How do you apply?
To apply for the MECA and BEPC scholarships, you must complete the required criteria on the scholarship applications.The applicant is responsible for submitting all necessary information to apply for a scholarship and the applications must reach MYEC's office by the due dates listed. You may send your applications and essays to email@example.com or mail them to MYEC, PO Box 386, Hysham, MT 59038.
How many scholarships are you allowed? MYEC member's may win a total of 2 MYEC scholarships. For example, if you are awarded a scholarship from MYEC and one from the Luck of the Draw you will no longer be eligible for other scholarships through MYEC. However, if you are awarded the Basin Electric Power Cooperative scholarship, you are still eligible for two more scholarships through MYEC.
Congratulations to all of our scholarship winners!!